Are you thinking about whether you should begin taking Phentermine to help aid in your efforts to lose weight? Are you wondering when would be the best time to begin taking this medication? If so, you’re not alone. Many Americans, both men and women, wonder about these same questions all of the time.
It is good that you have these questions, because taking this diet drug to assist with weight loss is a big step and is one that needs to be taken very seriously.
With that in mind, here’s some information that can help you determine when it is the best time to begin taking Phentermine.
How to Determine the Best Time to Begin Taking Phentermine
Understand What Phentermine Is
Before you can know whether or not it would best to start this prescription weight loss medication, it’s best to first evolve your understanding of this product.
For starters, Phentermine is not a miracle weight loss pill. If you do take it, while you can lose weight, you should not expect fat to magically melt away in a matter of days. This diet drug has been designed as a short-term treatment (up to 12 weeks) to work in conjunction with a calorie-controlled diet, regular exercise, and behavioral changes. It helps to give many people a chance to lose weight who have previously struggled with conventional weight loss methods (diet and exercise) alone.
In other words, the best time to begin taking Phentermine could be when you have found no previous success engaging in diet and exercise methods without the assistance of prescription diet medications.
Understand how Phentermine Works
Phentermine is a powerful stimulant and works in two significant ways: It helps to control hunger and boost energy levels. It is important to know this when considering the best time to begin taking Phentermine, because if you are sensitive to stimulants or wish to avoid taking them, this product might not be right for you.
That being said, more specifically, Phentermine releases neurotransmitters which suppress hunger signals in the brain. This causes you to feel full and helps you to have fewer cravings. It is also a central nervous system stimulant and can help increase your energy levels, sharpening your focus and your drive.
The additional energy and decreased hunger can help many people who take Phentermine to establish a healthy eating routine. It can also motivate them to add more activity to their daily lives and routine. Combined, these benefits of Phentermine offer those who take it as prescribed a greater chance of successful weight loss compared to diet and exercise alone.
Are You a Candidate to Begin Taking Phentermine?
Now that you know how Phentermine works, the next step of knowing when is the best time to begin taking Phentermine is to find out if you are an eligible candidate for the drug. Phentermine is typically prescribed when a person is:
• Obese – Phentermine is primarily prescribed to treat obesity. A person’s Body Mass Index (BMI) is usually what’s measured to determine whether or not they’re obese. A BMI score of more than 30 indicates obesity.
• Overweight with a weight-related health risk – In some cases, if an individual is overweight (BMI of 27 or higher) and is at risk of a weight-related health condition (e.g. diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease), this may be the best time to begin taking Phentermine.
• Unsuccessful with diet and exercise alone – If you need to lose weight due to obesity or a weight-related health risk, and you have struggled in the past to achieve long-term success with only diet and exercise, your doctor may feel Phentermine is right for you. Your lack of success could be an indication that you need help controlling your appetite and/or require a boost of energy to improve your activity level.
• Struggling to control their appetite – The need for appetite control is often when many people find this is the best time to begin taking Phentermine. To lose weight, you need to reduce the number of calories in your diet. This is easier said than done for most of us. Trying to cut back on food when you’re always hungry can be a challenge to say the least. This weight loss medication can help curb your hunger and cravings, making it easier for you to stick to a healthy calorie-reduced diet.
Do You Meet the Necessary Health Requirements to Begin Taking Phentermine?
Even if one of the above mentioned criteria applies to you, this doesn’t necessarily mean that now’s the best time to begin taking Phentermine. You still need to meet certain health requirements before your doctor will prescribe it to you. For instance, Phentermine is:
• Only prescribed to individuals over the age of 18.
• Not suitable for anyone who is pregnant, nursing or planning to become pregnant.
• Typically not suitable if you have certain health conditions, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease, among others.
• Typically not suitable when you are taking certain medications such as MAO inhibitors, and so on.
Phentermine Has Side Effects
Before you can consider it the best time to being taking phentermine, you also need to make sure that you understand the potential drawbacks of using this medication.
Its potent effect on the body is the main reason why Phentermine is prescribed for only short periods. Among its adverse effects include a potential to put pressure on the heart. It can also cause other side effects, such as dry mouth, insomnia, mood swings, nausea, upset stomach and many others. The good news is that many people who take Phentermine and experience side effects, often notice these unpleasant symptoms subside over time.
That being said, when you decide it is the best time to begin taking Phentermine and you start taking this diet drug, if you should experience any unpleasant symptom that persists or becomes worse, or you suffer a serious sever side effect, inform your doctor immediately.
Another reason this medication is not prescribed over the long-term is because it becomes less effective as your body becomes used to it. This medication can also be habit-forming.
How to Prepare Before You Begin Taking Phentermine – Establish a Daily Routine
Preparing your own daily routine will help you to know the best time to begin taking Phentermine. For maximum effectiveness, this prescription diet drug should be taken at the same time every day. Forgetting your daily dose will only serve to hamper your efforts at effectively suppressing your appetite. Moreover, if you take it too late in the day, you can increase your risk of unpleasant side effects, like insomnia.
When should you take your pill? Follow the directions given to you by your doctor. Always aim to take it at the prescribed time, daily, until you are instructed to do others. That being said, the best time to begin taking Phentermine is usually in the morning, on an empty stomach, 1 hour before breakfast or 1 to 2 hours after breakfast.
Keep the pills in a safe location (out of the reach of pets and children), but somewhere where you’ll see them, so you’ll remember to take them. If you find that you’re forgetful, consider adding it to your daily planner, leaving a note on the fridge or creating an alert on your phone to remind you.
The Bottom Line Regarding the Best Time to Take Phentermine:
Whenever you (with your doctor’s consent) decide it is the best time to begin taking Phentermine, remember to take this medication exactly as it has been prescribed to you. This will ensure the most optimal results. Also, keep in mind that your doctor has prescribed this medication to you because he or she believes that its potential benefits outweigh the risks.
If at any point after you begin taking Phentermine you feel your dosage should be altered, inform your doctor immediately, do not take more, less or stop taking the pills entirely, without consulting your healthcare provider first.